adverse effects advertisement Agent orange agriculture Agriculture and Forestry Antidepressants aquatic invertebrates cacao california cameroon cancer central valley chemistry chlorine gas citizen Conditions and Diseases consequence contaminants corn crop loss death dialogue Dioxin diy education environment EPA exposure fertilizer fritz haber fumonisin Genetically modified maize Genetically modified organism groundwater groundwater quality Health herbicide herbicide resistance how-to industry integrated pest management justice landfill land use liver meat monitoring MSDS National Institutes of Health national public radio Neurological Disorders new leaf nitrogen fertilizer nutrition Organophosphate Parkinsons Disease pest Pest control Pesticide pest management Pests and Diseases pollution psychoactive drugs public relations regulation Roundup safe handling sewage society staple crops veteran volunteer war water quality world war ii
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- CDC: American youth now use e-cigarettes more than any other tobacco product April 17, 2015In just a year, electronic cigarette use has tripled among American teens. And considering that no one really knows what the related health impacts are and any regulatory framework is lagging far behind the growing popularity of e-cigarettes, public health advocates say it’s time for action.
- Labor group outlines significant flaws in chemical reform bill, joins growing list of opponents April 17, 2015The AFL-CIO joins a growing list of organizations which have raised serious concerns---or outright oppose---the Vitter/Udall bill to amend the Toxic Substances Control Act.
- Not an “accident”: Ronald Lee MacKnight, 39, suffers fatal work-related injury in Farr West, UT April 16, 2015This week’s snapshot of just one work-related fatality in the US. This one occurred on April 13, in Weber County, UT.
- Long road for a new worker safety regulation, wait may finally be over April 16, 2015More than two decades have passed since OSHA promised to issue a rule to protect construction workers from confined space hazards. What did OSHA do during that time to fulfill that promise?
- Poorer health, shorter lives and lower incomes: ‘We don’t really appreciate the magnitude of the problem’ April 14, 2015Low income and poor health tend to go hand in hand — that’s not a particularly surprising or new statement. However, according to family medicine doctor Steven Woolf, we have yet to truly grasp the extent to which income shapes a person’s health and opportunity to live a long life. And if we don’t confront the widening income inequality gap, he says things w […]
- Worth reading: Better condoms, government handouts, and online violence April 13, 2015Recent pieces address condom innovation and approval, government handouts to the rich, online violence against women and girls, and more.
- Researchers: Texting and driving bans reduce crash-related hospitalizations April 10, 2015Today, nearly every state in the country has a law that bans texting while driving. But do these laws make a difference?
- One in three workers have carpal tunnel syndrome at Maryland poultry plant April 9, 2015Yet another study tells us that poultry workers develop painful and disabling musculoskeletal injuries.
- Occupational Health News Roundup April 7, 2015Advocates work to expand consumer concern from humanely treated food to humanely treated workers; workers with children face struggles in Silicon Valley; Texas lawmakers introduce bill aimed at fertilizer plants; Microsoft to require paid leave policies at its suppliers; and the McDonald's wage hike is too small for too few.
- Not an “accident”: Jeffrey Shannon, 49, suffers fatal work-related injury in Marcus Hook, PA April 6, 2015This week’s snapshot of just one work-related fatality in the US. This one occurred on March 30, 2015 in Delaware County, PA.
- RT @WHO: WHO provides #openaccess to the WHO Global Medicines Safety Database goo.gl/ChDAo9 6 hours ago
- Agronomy on the highway pays? It didn't always: dl.sciencesocieties.org/publications/j… http://t.co/ymxQpBCxfe 1 week ago
- Heat-beating beans resist climate change disq.us/8mt1at 2 weeks ago
- RT @StarTalkRadio: Lunar Eclipse, Saturday, April 4, visible from the western half of North America: news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/03/150330… http://t.co/RVy… 2 weeks ago
- @WyoWeeds @LynnSosnoskie @kewgardens at first glance I thought I was looking at shower stall #hydroponics #greywater #reuse. Possible? 2 weeks ago